Thursday, April 4, 2013

Banana Muffins

I love banana muffins.  They are so yummy and make a great snack or even a breakfast-on-the-run.  I often find myself making this recipe after I put my daughter to sleep.  Then I catch one of my shows as the muffins bake, the delicious smell taking over the main floor.  I can hardly wait to eat the muffins, but I always try to let them cool a little bit so they don't stick to the muffin wraps!  And before I know it, I've eaten several.

I've tried my fair share of banana muffin recipes, and I love this one because it creates such a moist muffin.  The secret to its moistness? Yogurt.  And I've started using Greek yogurt because I'd like to think it makes the muffins that much healthier.

I've even adapted this recipe to be dairy-free, and I will post that recipe in another blog post.

This recipe easily yields 24 muffins.  I dare you to make them last more than a couple of days!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup yogurt
1.5 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 medium bananas, mashed (sometimes I use more to get a very banana flavour)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Mix the oil, sugar, egg, vanilla and yogurt together in a large bowl; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt, baking powder and soda.  Add these dry ingredients to the wed ingredients. Then add the mashed bananas.  Add the chocolate chips if you like.
3. Put batter in lined or greased muffin tins about 3/4 full.  Bake in a preheated 365F oven for 20 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment